Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Getting Ready . . .

Today I went back to school to begin getting my classroom ready. I had a little helper. My 2 yr old daughter seemed to love the Boomwhackers and Lollipop drums the most.


Sure, it looks like a mess, but my Boomwhacker organization system made it easy for my toddler to clean up her own mess. I placed one of each color in the correct slots and she matched the rest of the colors. I love making some kind of game out of clean-up tasks. (If you missed the post on Boomwhacker Storage, click here.) 



Thanks to my Instrument Storage Labels, she was also able to return the lollipop drums to their home. (If you missed the original post about Organizing Instruments, click here.)


This was the true test at whether an organized storage system is worth the time and effort. The answer is: YES! If a 2 year old can clean up after herself, just think how easy it should be for school-age children!

When my room is finished, I will be posting more pictures of my classroom environment.

2 comments:

  1. The summer flies, doesn't it? Your organization is great. Hopefully my instruments will get there too! :) I smell a pre-planning project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your organization ideas! And I love your blog! Not only did I start following you, I nominated you for a blog award! Check it out at my blog!

    ReplyDelete